Careers with SPCA Nelson
At the SPCA, we receive many enquiries from students and members of the public interested in working for our organisation. While most people are familiar with our Animal Centre and uniformed Inspectors, there are a wide range of jobs available within the SPCA organisation – including; Animal Carers, Inspectors/Field Officers, Finance/Administration, Marketing/Fundraising and more.
The SPCA operates a professional workplace. We have a dedicated team of staff and volunteers, who are extremely passionate about animal welfare. People who work for the SPCA have a strong commitment to the organisation, the animals in our care, and to the community that support us.
From time to time, opportunities for paid positions, become available.
SPCA Motueka Op Shop Manager – Fixed term Full time
The SPCA has an exciting new vacancy for a Retail Manager to set up and manage the on-going development of our first opportunity shop in Motueka.
The SPCA is a well-respected charity that is dedicated to preventing the cruelty and suffering of animals through education and enforcement. We rescue, rehabilitate and rehome thousands of lost, sick, injured, abandoned and abused animals every year. With no government funding, we rely heavily upon the generosity of the community, (by way of bequests, donations and sponsorship) to maintain our service within New Zealand.
The successful management of a new SPCA Op Shop in Motueka will generate additional funds to help our Animal Centre, and allow us a second site to promote our services and encourage support for our organisation. If you would like to be a part of this exciting new venture please read on…
We are looking for a positive and motivated Fixed Term (12 months) full-time manager who will manage all aspects of the retail operation, including; administration/finance, warehousing and staffing. You will be required to help set up and prepare the new store for opening.
Your duties will include:
• Day to day store, financial and staff management.
• Recruit, manage, develop, discipline, lead and ‘listen’ to volunteer staff. Provide clear and professional communication at all times.
• Quality stock control/warehouse management.
• Ensure a high overall standard of presentation, cleanliness and maintenance within the store.
• Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed and in place.
• Arrange marketing, promotion and advertising – in conjunction with the Centre Manager
• Maintain sound level of financial profitability and meet performance targets.
• Daily banking, approve invoices and other documentation as required.
• Maintain health and safety standards as set by the SPCA regulations.
• Continued development and improvement of the store.
• Ensure a high standard of customer service and provide a caring, cooperative, friendly atmosphere within the store.
Our ideal person will have:
• Experience in retail (including second hand goods)
• An ability to manage, motivate and develop people
• Excellent communication skills
• Financial management ability (e.g. banking, reports etc.)
• Passionate about animal welfare
• An approachable, professional and positive outlook, with strong work ethic, energy and initiative.
• Skills in building alliances and maintaining strong relations with community organisations, agencies and patrons
For more information about our organisation or to download a detailed position description please click here – One SPCA Motueka Op Shop Manager PD
Interested applicants please send your cover letter and CV including referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 16th February